Sunday, July 31, 2011

Caramel Pudding


I love Caramel Custard(Flan) a lot but then it is a little long process and has to be left in the refrigerator to set...I don't have patience...
That too when i was craving for caramel...

I went to dear google to find for me and found this simple recipe...
Its yummiest..if you love caramel you will die for this :P

So i took it from here
Smitten Kitchen

I halved the recipe also replaced cornstarch with Vanilla Custard powder :)

Ingredients
milk - 2 cups
Vanilla Custard Powder - 3 tbsp
vanilla extract - 1 tbsp
salt - a pinch
sugar - 1/2 cup

Method

In a bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of the milk with the Vanilla Custard Powder with vanilla and salt until smooth.

In a big vessel, add the sugar with 3 tbsp of water and bring to a boil.

Cook over moderately high heat, undisturbed, until a deep amber caramel forms.please don't move away from the stove at all till the caramel is ready

Remove from the stove immediately...Gradually add in the 1 1/2 cups of milk.

Now the mixture turns deep dark color..which is good

Now put the vessel back to the stove,till the milk boils and darkens even more.

Now mix in the custard mix and stir in till the the contents thicken and switch of the stove

Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve




I had it the condensed milk :D



Love,
Varshini

10 comments:

  1. Delightful n scrummy ~ my hubs loves this :)
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious Pudding,luks yum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to yummy!!!! Bookmarked!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy pudding... I love it:) Delicious sweet treat..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum yum yum ...dis looks delicious . . .

    enter my giveaway
    http://sugarspiceandalldatsnice.blogspot.com/2011/08/giveaway-time-my-very-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eggless caramel custard version is simply good! looks yum!!

    (Pass me that bowl, won't you?..will show how to lick it clean with one minute ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sis loves caramel custard :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love caramel! this is quite an interesting recipe,looks so so yumm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely note...