Friday, July 8, 2011

Perfect Eggless Strawberry Cookies - Piped Cookies



I am always in search of Melt in Mouth cookies....I still remember some years back my mom got me some lovely yummy biscuits which just melted in my mouth...
Here in India Cookies are referred as biscuits...:)

As usual..I was blog hopping to find one...I found some hundreds of recipes..So I let dear google choose...I landed in Anushruthi's Divine Taste...Just as the name of her blog , Its a one divine place for all the foodies..well written ,lovely photography & lovely flowers...I have almost read all her post I can say..Please do check it out...Its Addictive

She has the recipe for the perfect eggless cookies...I modified that into a perfect recipe for Eggless Strawberry cookies...I know i can't stick to any recipe...

So here goes my recipe...

Ingredients:

APF/ Maida - 3/4 cup
Cornflour - 2 tbspn
Icing sugar - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Strawberries - 2
Milk - 2 tbspn
Strawberry Essence - 1 tspn


Method

Preheat the oven at 180C

In a Mixie Jar/Blender blend the two strawberries with a 2tbspn of milk and make it into a paste.

Now take a big mixing bowl ,whisk the butter and icing sugar to a creamy consistency

To this add the strawberry paste and strawberry essence, blend well

Sieve Maida and courflour

Now add the flour to the wet mixture and mix well such that the consistency is smooth, creamy and lump free

Now put the cookie mixture into a piping bag a fit in your favourite nozzle(I used both star as well as drop flower) and pipe it in a greased baking tray . else you can make the usual round shaped cookies




Bake the cookies for about 12 - 15mins at 180C

Bake until top of the cookies turn slight golden brown...



can you see the teeny weeny bits of strawberry ? :D
Now let the Cookies cool and enjoy it with a cuppa Tea...

Tip :
Don't over bake the cookies as they might become little hard.


Love,
Varshini

9 comments:

Thank you so much for your lovely note...